License exams in will be held on July 24, 2021. Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions is required.
License exams are offered at the Klein Volunteer Fire Department Station 3 Training building. The facility is located behind the KVFD firehouse at 9755 Landry Blvd. in the Memorial Chase subdivision. For a map and additional information, see Meeting Location on this website.
Parking is provided behind the Administration building. Use the entrance behind the Administration Building.
- Saturday, August 28, 2021
- Gates open at 8:30 A.M.
- Testing will be from 9:00 A.M. until 12:00 P.M.
- Gates close at 12:30 P.M.
- If you have a temperature or feel ill, please do not attempt to attend the session.
- Tables and chairs have been arranged to meet social distancing requirements. Do not move them.
- We are allowed a maximum of 28 people in the building at one time. This number includes all applicants plus the VEs.
Please be sure to bring the following items to the exam session:
VEC’s are required by the FCC to submit your FRN with your license application form. Please register your SSN with the FCC before exam day. Once you have the FCC issued FRN, you may no longer use your SSN on the application. For instructions on how to register your SSN with the FCC and receive your FRN, visit the FCC Registration instructions page.
- One legal photo ID (identification):
- State Driver’s License
- Student School Photo ID card
- If no photo ID is available, two forms of identification are required. Acceptable identification may be any two (2) of the following:
- Birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
- Social security caru_d
- School ID card
- Your FCC issued Federal Registration Number (FRN) is now required. Your Social Security number is no longer accepted.
- If you currently hold an Amateur Radio License, bring a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license, a reference copy printed out from the FCC website, or the license information printed from ARRL website or QRZ website,
- If you have previously taken the exam for any class of license, bring the original(s) and photocopy(s) of the Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions. A copy will be retained by the VEC.
- Two (2) number two pencils with erasers and a pen.
- A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed.
- A check made out to the ARRL, a money order, or cash to cover the exam session fee(s). The exam fee is $15.00 for each exam.
TIP: to create a printer-friendly version of this page, click the printer icon on the top right of this page.