License exams are being offered on July 25th at the Klein Volunteer Fire Department Administration Building. The Administration Building is located behind Klein Fire Department Station 4, 16810 Squyres Rd, Spring, TX 77379. The gates will be open at 7:30 A.M. Please arrive by 7:55 A.M. at the latest so that applicants can be seated by 8:00 A.M.
Parking is provided behind the Administration building. Use the entrance behind the Administration Building. Testing will be from 8:00 A.M until 12:00 P.M. The gates will be closed and locked at 12:30 P.M.
Please observe the following guidelines:
- If you have a temperature or feel ill, please do not ask to be tested.
- Tables and chairs have been arranged to meet social distancing requirements. Do not move them.
- Please bring a mask and plan on wearing it while in the building.
- We are allowed a maximum of 28 people in the building at one time. This number includes all applicants plus the VEs.
- Walk-ins are welcome. Call Ron Matusek, WA6TQH, at 713-825-9606 on arrival.
- Please park in the designated spaces and wait for instructions.
Please be sure to bring the following items to the exam session:
VEC’s are required by the FCC to submit either your FRN or your SSN with your license application form. If you prefer not to give your SSN at the exam session, please register your SSN with the FCC before exam day. Once you have the FCC issued FRN, you may no longer use your SSN on the application. For instructions on how to register your SSN with the FCC and receive your FRN, visit the FCC Registration instructions page.
- One legal photo ID (identification):
- State Driver’s License
- Student School Photo ID card
- If no photo ID is available, two forms of identification are required. Acceptable identification may be any two (2) of the following:
- Birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
- Social security card
- School ID card
- Your FCC issued Federal Registration Number (FRN) or your Social Security number.
- If you currently hold an Amateur Radio License, bring a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license, a reference copy printed out from the FCC website, or the license information printed from ARRL website or QRZ website,
- If you have if you have previously taken the exam for any class of license, bring the original(s) and photocopy(s) of the Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions. A copy will be retained by the VEC.
- Two number two pencils with erasers and a pen.
- A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed.
- A check, a money order, or cash to cover the exam session fee(s). The exam fee is $15.00 for each exam.
TIP: to create a printer-friendly version of this page, click the printer icon on the top right of this page.
If you want to learn more about becoming a volunteer examiner, or have questions about the exam, please contact Ron Matusek, ARRL VEC Liason.
Klein VFD Admin Building
--located behind the fire station--